Thursday, August 18, 2011

Quick Update

Hey everyone,
Kayla and I have been in full swing teacher mode. We're currently at school, starting to arrange our classrooms. Our administration, support staff, and the new teachers are all simply amazing. We've gotten to know some incredible people already and are looking forward to building friendships with them.
We are adjusting just fine. Chinese food is amazing--and costs about $1.25 for a whole meal per person! Chinese massages are even more amazing! Yesterday, we got foot massages with a whole group of people, one of them who spoke enough Chinese to converse with our masseuses. They are fascinating, hard working people. More on that later.
We just hired a maid, called in Chinese an ayi, yesterday who will be cooking, cleaning, doing our laundry, and ironing our school clothes 3 days a week. All for a price so low, I'd be ashamed to post it.
Some of you are most likely asking, "Stephen, why haven't you posted any pictures?"
Well, the answer is simple. My new camera which Kayla got me for my birthday...well...it fell of the strap onto the hard Chinese concrete road. It didn't shatter in to a million pieces or anything, no. In fact, everything works, but when I press the shutter to take a picture, it shuts down.
Needless to say, I'm super bummed, and pretty angry. Oh well. So, pics will come when they come!
More updates later. Gotta get my classroom arranged while I have the time.

Much love,
Stephen

1 comments:

cougarhoogs said...

Hey friends! So glad to hear everything is going well so far (except the sadness of the camera woes...bummer!). Please keep posting! I'm not always able to comment, but I have been reading. Love you guys!

Post a Comment